Taxpayers should be ready to verify their identity when calling the IRS
If a taxpayer decides to call the IRS, they should know that IRS phone assistors take great care to only discuss personal information with the taxpayer or someone the taxpayer authorizes to speak on their behalf. To make sure that taxpayers do not have to call back, the IRS reminds taxpayers to have the following information ready: - Social Security numbers and birth dates for those who were named on the tax return.
- An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number letter if the taxpayer has one instead of an SSN.
- Their filing status: single, head of household, married filing joint or married filing separate.
- The prior-year tax return. Telephone assistors may need to verify taxpayer identity with information from the return before answering certain questions.
- A copy of the tax return in question.
- Any IRS letters or notices received by the taxpayer.
We are here to help. Call us or visit us at:
52 Broadway, Haverstraw, NY 10927 (845) 947-1919 | (845) 947-1068ALIncomeTax TaxSeason TaxPrep TaxPreparation TaxPreparer IncomeTax TaxReturn GetMoneyFromTaxReturn