News 🚨 You Can Use‼️
Credit reporting under the CARES Act
The recently passed Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act places special requirements on companies that report your payment information to credit reporting companies. These requirements apply if you are affected by the coronavirus disease pandemic and if your creditor makes an agreement (called an “accommodation” in the Act) with you to defer a payment, make partial payments, forbear a delinquency, modify a loan, or other relief. :
How your creditors report your account to credit reporting companies under the CARES Act depends on whether you are current or already delinquent when this agreement is made.
- * If your account is current and you make an agreement to make a partial payment, skip a payment, or other accommodation, then the creditor is to report to credit reporting companies that you are current on your loan or account. This applies only if you are meeting the terms of the agreement.
- * If your account is already delinquent and you make an agreement, then your account will maintain that status during the agreement until you bring the account current.
* If your account is already delinquent and you make an agreement, and you bring your account current, the creditor must report that you are current on your loan or account.
This CARES Act requirement applies only to agreements made between January 31, 2020 and the later of either:
* 120 days after March 27, 2020 or
* 120 days after the national emergency concerning COVID–19 ends.
The CARES Act also applies to certain federal student podcast loans and includes requirements relating to suspending payments and credit reporting. During the period that payments on federal studentloans are suspended by the Department of Education, any payment that has been suspended is to be reported as if it were a regularly scheduled payment made by the borrower.
.financialfreedom fixmycredit ficoscore business fixyourcredit investor businesscredit getapproved income equifax experian creditrestoration creditrepair credit badcredit makemoney realtor corona money realestate creditrepairagent finance